Friday, October 12, 2007

And on the spreading the news front:

I’ve now told my two closest friends. they had interesting reactions.
Friend one said: I sensed there was something you weren’t saying but I was scared to ask because I thought it would be something bad because of your previous history. She was so relieved and happy for us. It was nice to hear.
Friend two said: That’s amazing. I didn’t know about that and it gives me hope (she’s single in her late 30’s and wants children) and it seems like a nice option besides adoption.

We decided to tell people now because I just had my 20 week scan and everything is GREAT!!!! I really felt like I was being dishonest before. After all, as I’ve said before we are proud of our SUPER HIGH TECH WUNDER CHILD and grateful that we had this option. The main reason we weren’t saying anything or the two main ones were:
1. fear that the pregnancy would not be viable
2. we’d gotten used to not talking about anything related to fertility – it’s just been so painful.

So now we’re just spreading the news of how we conceived. It feels, for me, like a BIG HUGE BURDEN has been lifted. What a relief.

Oh and the best for the last: I started feeling the little one kick and move last week. I was lying in bed reading and felt these two little movements. I almost cried. I never thought I’d feel that, or get to this point. They are very soft pushes on the inside of my lower belly. Like if someone was to gently poke you in the abdomen with their finger. Now I’m feeling them everyday. Maybe now, at 21 weeks i'm finally starting to relax, just a tiny bit and accept that things just may continue to be ok and normal as far as pregnancy goes. It's a strange feeling, not used to it at all.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How wonderful. Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

m said...

Great news! I can't believe there are little kicks already. Does it seem like yesterday that this was all a dream?

We actually fessed up about our upcoming cycle to a close set of friends last week - former IVF'ers. It was such a weight off our shoulders - just sharing it with some folks (beyond the blogosphere) who understand. I can't wait until we have reached the point you have. Here's to hoping.

stacyb said...

yes here's to hoping! and yes it feels GREAT to tell people. a huge weight off the shoulders.

the kicks make me feel like this is finally all real, although sometimes i think now that everything is going ok, what will happen next? and then i think well, maybe the next thing that will happen will be a great thing too and not something bad.

Kami said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog today. It was nice to hear from someone who is a bit further along than I am.

Yeah on feeling the baby move! I got to 27 weeks with my first pregnancy and I never felt much movement at all - and nothing that wasn't reactive. That is one of the things I just don't want to let go of - the chance to have that experience.

I liked reading your thought process on telling people too.