Friday, June 6, 2008

12 weeks

Wow, 12 weeks old yesterday. Our beautiful little one has really woken to the world now. It is amazing. Truly. She is a gift. I don’t forget that ever. I know I’d die for her. How strange, but how true. I got a call from our clinic yesterday because they wanted information for some sort of DE study. What’s the study? Why? Where is the information going? All questions I asked, I thought, were reasonable AND none of which the poor girl on the other end of the phone could answer except to say, you have to do this. Ha! Again I asked all the questions and said you understand you want me to give you personal information and you can’t tell me what it’s for, right? Yes she finally conceded. I’ll have to get back to you. Personally I hope I scared her away.

While we told our very close friends and family about DE because it seemed important that it not be a secret thing, and we will tell our little one, it also seems just as important now to protect her privacy and let her decide who she wants to share information with when she is older. The sharing of information before she was born is part of our story, now it’s hers to tell. At one point I thought I wanted to become some sort of poster DE mom but, at least in this moment, I’d like her to choose.

Anyway not much else to say. I love her fiercely, cannot imagine life without her, and there is no loss with DE, just bountiful overflowing gains.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. It's hard to explain to people on the other side of the bridge, but that's exactly how it is.

Summer said...

Very strange the caller from the clinic couldn't even tell you what the study was.

So glad to hear from you and to know your family is doing well!

Kami said...

I always look forward to your posts. They are so reassuring. I have been feeling more accepting of late, I think. I hope so . . . with a little luck we will be in your shoes soon.

Kate said...

I am so happy to hear you talk so blissfully. It's not that I've ever doubted how much I'd love my future DE child, but it's nice to have it reaffirmed.