Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Four Days Ago

It was Father’s day…I never thought we’d celebrate. It gave me pause to think about how much all the IVF/Fertility stuff has changed him…after all it hasn’t just been me going through it all. As far as I can tell it was even harder for him to talk about than me…not because he can’t talk about his feeling (he’s good at that) but finding another male friend he felt he could speak with wasn’t so easy. In the end he had one person he could really talk to and im grateful that he had that outlet. He has been such a support to me, I don’t think I’ve mentioned it much here but since it was just father’s day I’d like to say how thankful I am to have him by my side. If not for him I could not have gotten through all the crap…he helped me see light when all I could see was blackness and his smile always makes my day.

Just wanted to recognize my partner in life and say I love him.

2 comments:

Kami said...

What a sweet post.

My husband has had the same trouble. He is good at communicating and it seems most men are not these days. Add to that such a sensitive topic and it is hard to find men who can relate.

Summer said...

I couldn't have gotten through all the IF stuff if it hadn't been for my man, either.

Sounds like if your, Kami's and my husband got together, they'd have lots to share and talk about!