Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HCG: 66

Magic words, who knew (at our clinic they are looking for a first test number over 50). Actually anyone on this path knows. I know too well now. Ten years since we started trying to grow our family, have a baby. Our fabulous DE daughter will be three in March and now, luck on our side, we will finally add to our family this year. There’s still a long way from the “You are pregnant” to “This is a viable, healthy pregnancy and you’ve finally passed 12 weeks so breathe a little and perhaps tell a few close friends”.

So that’s where we are. Finally. I’ve actually lost count of how many failures we’ve had a this point. Certainly double digits when including all the miscarriages before we even started with IVF. But we are here. We are grateful. I am trying to start breathing now.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Yippeee! Yes, there is still a ways to go but what a great start! So excited for you!

Sue said...

Congratulations - I'm very happy to hear your news and hope all continues to go well.

Still A Guest Room said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations!! Hope things progress really well!

Joy said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news.

stacyb said...

Thank you all for your support. You're the first to know (besides DH of course)! It means a lot that you stopped by. Will have a second test next week.

Smiling said...

YAY!!!!! Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm so happy for you guys. I'll raise a glass of lemoncello here to you guys!