Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How Sucky Can it Get?

“It looks like you’re headed for a D&C” but, of course we need to wait an see because there is a chance (and the doc has seen it happen0that everything could be hunky dory). And the five days behind in development are still about a late implantation. And so begins the fourth week of wait and see. Very hard psychologically and physically. We have shared with no one although this morning I finally told my mother. Her response “ can you get the same donor again?”. Not exactly the warm nurturing comment I was hoping for. And no I don’t know what I was hoping but I do know it wasn’t that.

At any rate, still waiting, still doing shots and popping pills and stuffing my face because I’m starving all the time and in the back of my head is that small image today that didn’t have a fetal heartbeat when it should but we can’t give up yet because we never know. So I guess in the moment I’m still pregnant and next Tuesday’s scan – scheduled for 9:00 AM so that if I need a D&C I can get whisked off to another floor for a 9:30 procedure – will tell all.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I went through something similar with my first pregnancy, so I can understand some of what you are going through.

I am hoping, hoping, hoping this all turns out ok for you and that this is as sucky as it gets.

Sue said...

That sounds really hard and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm still hoping for a slow, steady and tenacious little embryo. You'll be very much in my thoughts in the coming week and my fingers are crossed for good news.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine was told a similar thing. And they were WRONG. She's now in the middle of her healthy pregnancy and everything is going well.. ((HUGS))